Thursday, July 23, 2015

Christmas

Christmas Eve had come ... 

I spent the morning delivering Kringles to friends.
The Boys spent the afternoon at HHCC at the Father/Son lunch.

We attended the 5:00 p.m. service at church and then hosted Nancy and Chapman, along with Chapman's sons for dinner. Nancy was kind enough to bring pasta and dessert, I provided the wine and salad. It was perfect, we were able to keep our tradition of being with friends on the Eve of Christmas - but still be comfortable in our own home with the baby. Win/Win.









I sat under the tree after the last gift was tagged 
and took in a huge sigh of relief ... 
being a mama at Christmas is hard work!


Christmas Morning is finally Here!

Every year I think, this is the last year we will have to wake him up...
And he proved us wrong again this year .. finally at 9:00






















CGH got a pitching machine, a helmet and a glove from mom and dad.














After opening presents at our house ... we loaded up and headed to Carthage.












Hard to believe we may not celebrate Christmas in this house next year.
My parents are building, and in the process of selling our childhood house.
We moved here in 1983 and it's the only house I remember.
While I'm excited for them, it is still bittersweet.






No comments:

Post a Comment